We Believe Dads Make a Big Difference
A release from the Child & Family Research Partnership at the University of Texas Austin highlighted a number of studies showing the impact that fathers have on their children’s lives. Among the findings for children who grow up with involved fathers:
- They are 39% more likely to earn mostly As in school.
- They are 45% less likely to repeat a grade.
- 60% less likely to be suspended or expelled from school.
- Two times as likely to go to college and find stable employment after high school.
- 75% less likely to have a teen birth.
- 80% less likely to spend time in jail